ASUG SAP for Utilities 2023 conference will take place in the beautiful River North district of Chicago at the Sheraton Grand Chicago Riverwalk this year. This event brings together SAP customers, partners, and experts in the utilities industry to share best practices, insights, and innovations.
At the conference, you will have the opportunity to learn from the experiences of other utilities professionals who have successfully implemented SAP solutions to achieve their organizational objectives and solve their business challenges. Additionally, there will be many occasions for networking with peers and experts from all industry sectors, including power generation, retail, gas, water, waste, and more.
Reasons to attend ASUG’s SAP for Utilities 2023:
Top Notch Keynotes
The keynote sessions and speakers will address topics that are front of mind for leaders managing SAP within organizations in the Utilities industry, a vertical being impacted across multiple fronts including:
The Future of Energy: Innovations in Utilities, Generation, and Storage – Discover how utilities are spearheading cleaner energy initiatives, leveraging strategies like renewable power generation, hydrogen production, and smart grid advancements to achieve sustainability and affordability, and more.
- Keynote speakers: Mark Hollis, Industry Executive Advisor, Utilities, SAP; Lisa Dalesandro DiChristofer, NVP, Head of NA Industry Executive Advisory, SAP; Jim Hunt, EVP, Corporate Relations & Sustainability, Eversource Energy; David Orr, Chief Digital Officer; AES; Karen Reif, VP, Renewables and Energy Solutions, PSE&G; and Matt Welsh, CIO, X Energy.
Amplifying the Energy Transition with Cloud Technologies – This keynote panel will delve into the transformative journey of utility companies as they migrate their critical infrastructure to the cloud.
- Keynote speakers: Jay Castleberry, Executive Industry Advisor Utilities, SAP; Waco Bankston, CIO, NiSource; Travis Knabe, CIO, EWEB; Jassi Arora, VP, Telecom, Infrastructure, Operations, & Customer Systems, Duke Energy; and Kolt Sarver, VP Retail Technology, Vistra Corp.
The High 5 Habit: How To Inspire Yourself and Those Around You To Be Their Best – Keynote speaker Mel Robbins is the New York Times Bestselling author of “The High 5 Habit” and “The 5 Second Rule.” Mel will take the stage for a Q&A session with SAP, where she will share what it takes for any leader to create a driven, connected, collaborative, and cohesive team.
More than 60 Interactive Sessions
The hot topics listed below are some of the most important for Utility companies for 2023 and will be covered in these interactive sessions:
- SAP Roadmaps for Utilities – A selection of sessions will address how organizations can enhance the customer experience using individualized customer experience journeys with software solution upgrades and customer information systems, enterprise asset management (EAM), and cybersecurity. Check out the session, “The Art of Continuous Transformation and Orchestrating the SAP Journey.”
- Digital Transformation – Hear about cutting-edge technologies that embrace digital and process transformation, which include cloud migration paths that can help your organization to maximize the potential of SAP S/4HANA, RISE with SAP, SAP BTP, SAP Signavio, and more. Check out the session, “How AMI Digital Transformation Impacts the Customer.”
- Regulatory Impacts – Get the latest information regarding how regulations are affecting your industry, and how they can impact planning cycles. Check out the session, “Managing Privacy Data Removal Requests Within Your SAP Productive Environment.”
- Transform Your Finance and Operations – Learn how other companies are utilizing SAP ERP solutions to get the most from the latest developments in Finance, Supply Chain, and Human Resources (HR) to save money, gain profitability and enhance overall technical and business performance. Check out the session, “The Optimization Game: Make Optimal Investment Decisions for Your Assets.”
- Solve for Sourcing, Materials, and Security Challenges – Find best practices for sourcing materials, measurement of data and analytics, and water security and wastewater challenges. Check out the session, “SAP Security: Before, During, and After a RISE with SAP Migration with Snohomish PUD.”
- Implement Sustainable Solutions – A recent critical theme over the last several years has been sustainability, which is gaining momentum as it is more important than ever in light of regulatory and climate change. Sessions will be offered that will highlight strategies for sustainable solutions including reducing carbon footprint, managing water and waste resources, the circular economy, and regulatory challenges. Check out the session, “Helping Enterprises Achieve Sustainability Goals with SAP and HCLTech Joint Innovation.”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and How it is Affecting the Utilities Industry – It is vital in this day and age to understand SAP stated direction for Machine Learning (ML) and Generative AI models and what it means to utilities companies’ data. Check out the sessions, “Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming the Way Utilities Interact with Their Customers;” “Generative AI: An Inflection Point for The Way Businesses Run’” and “How Automation, AI, and SAP Bring Value to The Enterprise.”
In-Depth Use Cases
Hear about a variety of unique situations and business problems utility companies are trying to solve and what solutions they apply.
- Getting Everything You Need from SAP Service Cloud with Southern California Edison – Learn how SAP Service Cloud can empower CSRs with 360 customer data for better customer service, and more.
- How Stericycle Implemented Business Process Improvements During Its Digital Transformation – Stericycle implemented SAP Signavio, which helped the organization understand how to map out business process requirements and connect those processes to provide insight to see what’s happening within the business.
- Case Study: Hawaiian Electric Company Partners with Rizing to Modernize Mobile Work & Field Service – Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) has embarked on a transformative journey to better leverage its existing SAP implementation and modernize its software and business processes.
- Case Study: Leveraging SAP C4C Solutions to Process Customer Reimbursement Requests Efficiently – This case study focuses on DTE’s Home Protection Plus (HPP) program business unit journey of successfully implementing the solution to process customers’ reimbursement requests leveraging SAP C4C and partner solutions.
- Central Hudson’s Journey to SAP S/4HANA Real-Time Reporting on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) – Central Hudson implemented SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), which included a real-time data connection to the SAP S/4HANA system to support various reporting needs in the meter-to-cash process.
Unique Networking Opportunities
This event is also a rare opportunity to rub elbows with many different IT, operations, supply chain, and sustainability professionals and leaders from all over the country who use SAP in their utilities organizations. ASUG will provide a number of ways to facilitate networking:
- Cheers with Peers – Jumpstart the conference at ASUG’s Cheers with Peers reception where you can enjoy appetizers and drinks as you mix and mingle with fellow attendees.
- Networking Break & Partner Solution Pavilion – Each day you will have the chance to explore the Partner Solution Pavilion to network with partners, customers, SAP and ASUG.
- Lunch and Table Topics – This year, ASUG is introducing something new. Join a lunchtime topic table to ideate and learn from your peers on a specific topic that is important to you and your business. This is an excellent way to expand your knowledge and gain new insights into the challenges and opportunities facing your business.
Meet SAP Cloud Experts from Lemongrass
Make sure to save your space and register at ASUG’s SAP for Utilities. And while you’re there, come meet with Lemongrass to discuss how Lemongrass can take your SAP estate to the next level – including our unique IP, Lemongrass Cloud Platform (LCP), our patent-pending minimum downtime cloud migration and operations (MDO) services, and much more.
Below are some case studies on how we have helped organizations like yours with the business and technical requirements unique to the Utilities industry.
- Energy Queensland – Read about how Lemongrass helped the company migrate their SAP to the Cloud, allowing it to have the agility it needed to quickly create new IT environments and manage new initiatives faster than before.
- Jemena – See how Lemongrass helped the company to realize greater resiliency and operational efficiency by moving their SAP to the Cloud.
- NextDecade –Lemongrass assisted the company in moving its SAP estate to the Cloud, allowing it to run its SAP systems with increased reliability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Sarawak Energy – Learn how Lemongrass helped the company migrate its SAP to the Cloud to accelerate cloud adoption in a wider digital transformation journey.