AWS Platform for Innovation
Migrate your Business to AWS for Customer-Centric Innovation
Innovation leaders are much more likely to focus on customers, business models, breakthrough technologies, and speed, according to a recent Harvard Business Review 2020 Survey entitled “Delivering Customer-Focused Innovation.” As such, innovating both within and beyond SAP should be imperative for all organizations to keep your competitive edge sharp, continue to drive down costs, and keep pace with the rapid rate of change in this dynamic market.
Culture is Key to Democratizing Innovation
Sustained innovation revolves around three core areas: culture, process and technology. At Lemongrass, we see innovation as more than just a technology, it’s a mindset, a way of collaborative working and instilling a culture of exploration, experimentation and innovation. We are a Born in the Cloud company with a strong desire to exploit disruptive and whitespace business growth with new technology.
Migrating into AWS is Just the Beginning
Innovating both within and beyond SAP should be an imperative for any business. If your business priorities include maintaining price reductions from month-on-month cloud platform improvements, driving cost savings with automation and understanding more about your business, you’ll need to ensure that your business strategy is inclusive of continuous innovation adoption. Lemongrass customers have successfully leveraged innovation in the following ways:
SAP-Centric Data Lakes
Data Lakes enable a “Corporate Memory” across SAP, non-SAP and third-party data sets. Using the Lemongrass Data Lake Connector, our customers have been able to leverage Big Data technology across their SAP landscapes to:
- Reduce Costs – Decrease SAP costs by reducing the amount of data held in memory and reducing SAP licensing and maintenance
- Refactor Business Processes – By reengineering business processes, such as month-end close reports, across SAP and non-SAP applications, leveraging 100% AWS native applications, businesses can increase their visibility and access to valuable data in real time. For example, replacing manual spreadsheet reporting with near real-time dashboards can take just a few weeks with Data Lake tools and technologies
- Leverage Data Discovery – Merge SAP data traditionally held within the application database with non-SAP Enterprise data. Having access to both third party and public data offers the ability to mine for pattern collations and trend analysis to predict future scenarios. For example, understanding the impact the weather could have on your business
With the 2027 SAP S/4HANA deadlines fast approaching, organizations need to start acting now to review customizations held or connected to their current SAP landscape. With SAP S/4HANA having approximately two major updates per year, the ability to rapidly adopt new versions, without the excessive cost of remediation, ensures you maintain your speed to adoption.
In addition, by migrating core business customizations that can’t be served by SAP S/4HANA functionality into native AWS platform technology, customers can continue to create the business extension needed to meet business processes. This can be done at a much lower TCO than maintaining and creating ZCODE items in SAP while ensuring that the SAP template is kept 100% standard and able to be updated easily within the maintenance windows.
SAP has always been viewed as a complex, labor-intensive application. In fact, most of the cost of an SAP landscape sits in simply keeping the lights on. With the functionality to automate repetitive tasks, more time and skilled resource can be dedicated to innovation and utilization of the most advanced technologies in the marketplace from AWS. For example:
- Transform repetitive Basis tasks into one click automated procedures
- Repetitive tasks for SAP and non-SAP are held within a dedicated customer library as “Golden Images”, impervious to human error, for total outcome assurance
- Automation assurance and Automation runtime testing can be scheduled so even the Automation auto-tests itself to ensure a desired state outcome. In addition, any configuration drift is automatically identified
Go Beyond SAP
One of the key reasons to move to AWS is the access to hundreds of additional platform services and technologies. When combined with SAP landscapes, your organization will be able to augment SAP well beyond its native functionality set. For example:
- Use AWS Lex to voice trigger AWS orchestration, reporting and health checks
- Leverage AWS Polly integration with CRM to enable conversational based reporting or verbally query your sales reports
- Deploy AWS Sumerian as an easy way to create VR, AR, and 3D experiences, for example SAP maintenance guides
- Utilize AWS FnR integration with ECC to combine AWS’s native, highly advanced forecast and replenishment system as used for AWS retail
- Access customer feedback on Full System DevOps (not just DB) Data Slicing, Data Discovery, NZDM extensions into non-SAP HANA DBs, etc.
- Modernize Operate screens, Customer Dashboard, Self-Service UI leveraging solutions such as: AWS Quicksights and AWS SSM
Schedule a Discovery Workshop and see how we can modernize your SAP systems running on AWS.
Schedule a Lemongrass Discovery Workshop
Discover how we can help you modernize your SAP on AWS systems with innovations that drive more value into your business such as Data Lakes, DevOps for SAP and more.