Cloud Automation Engineer
Summary: Research, develop, design, implement, and maintain new or modified automation products in a cloud-centric environment. ongoing business projects. This engineering role will work with various technical team members in the cloud and SAP spaces to build cross-platform automation solutions in both projects and DevOps frameworks.
- Research, design, implement and manage could centric automation programs and packages.
- Develop well designed, testable efficient features and improvements in modern object-oriented or functional software language.
- Participate in code reviews and advocate for best practices and conformance with internal software quality standards and non-functional requirements.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Test and evaluate new programs.
- Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently develop those modifications.
- Collaborate in an agile software development process to deliver high-quality software.
- Communicate progress and identify blocking issues.
- Independently develop small features and improvements with minimal support and guidance from team members. Collaborate within and across teams on larger features and improvements.
- Work closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analyst.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- 5-10 years’ experience required.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of architecture and components of AWS’s public cloud or other hyper-scalers.
- Experience in deploying and running workloads on AWS or other hyper-scalers.
- Experience in deploying automation with AWS or other hyper-scaler using various programming languages and structured deployment frameworks.
- Experience in both project-based and DevOps environments delivering high-quality deliverables on time.
- Experience and familiarity with automation tools such as Ansible, SALT, GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Rust.
- Experience and expert knowledge of the following languages, Python, Bash, JSON, YAML, Java, Go, and HCL.
- Understand the cultural and skillsets of a site reliability engineer working with cloud-centric workloads.
- Ability to perform the entire lifecycle of hyper-scaler automation: architect and design solutions, create scripts / any code needed, use existing tools and methods in the hyper-scaler’s environment, unit test and remediation from functional testing.
- Experience working with SAP – PyRFC and or ABAP is a plus.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation, which will be conducted and the results of which will be used in compliance with applicable law.
Lemongrass Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.