Agile Team Principal
The Agile Team Principal is a member of the Autonomous Delivery Team who represents the needs of the stakeholders of the Lemongrass Cloud Platform (LCP) and ensures that the Team delivers sprinted outputs that align with those needs. Insofar as an Autonomous Delivery Team needs a leader, the Agile Team Principal is that leader and will take some line-manager responsibility.
The level of delegation which the Principal can adopt will depend on the individual circumstances of their Team and could cover anything except the line-manager responsibilities. Team Principal retains accountability for responsibilities delegated.
- Team achieves its objectives
- Key feature objectives achieved
- Delivery of outcomes as efficiently as possible
- Stakeholders are satisfied and happy
- Team members are satisfied and happy
- Team is cohesive and collaborative in the delivery of outcomes
- Prompt escalation when needed
- Unwise delivery is avoided
Responsibilities (likely to be pursued if key measures not being achieved)
- Understand the nature of the business and the product in your functional pillar or service area
- Understand the relative value of requirements
- Acting as an interface between your Delivery Team and stakeholders, work with your team and key stakeholders to understand and refine requirements into deliverable user stories and epics
- Organize User stories into any Epics (Major Features)
- Curate any Epics (with Product Manager)
- Work with the dev team on User Story refinement
- Break any Epics into User Stories
- Organize any Epics into Releases
- Prioritize Stories within any Epics (with the team)
- Assist Product Manager to Prioritize any Epics within Initiatives
- Prioritize Quick Wins (Minor Features)
- Escalates issues to Operations Manager
Scrum and Delivery Management
- Ensure Scrum stand-ups are efficient, regular, properly attended
- Ensure team maintains accurate data in the scrum tool
- Curate appropriate dashboards
- Convene and run sprint planning meetings
- Review and feedback on evolving solutions during build sprints
- Ensure regular Show-and-tells from the dev team, and to key stakeholders where necessary
- Report via dashboards to the Scrum of Scrums
- Ensure any Epics progress properly through their workflows
- Agile Coaching
- Escalate issues to Operations Manager
- Ensure that retrospectives occur regularly
- Timesheet and expense approval
- Holiday approval
- Performance and Development Reviews
- Bachelor’s degree from a three-year college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience in the Leadership role.
- Ability to work across seniority levels, for example from senior management through to offshore delivery center engineer.
- Ability to work at different levels within OCTO team, examples being requirements curation through to coding a POC or working alongside a developer to realize a design.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation, which will be conducted and the results of which will be used in compliance with applicable law.
Lemongrass Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.